Friday, November 23, 2007

Letters from Vic

Dearest Sweetu,

I saw the cutest thing today. Just before you start crying, you contort your face into a massive upside down frown. It is a clear indication that you are about to start crying. Your crying start with slow pitched wail, like a train starting to leave the station. Then it picks up speed and before you know it, you are in full blown hysterics. Hysterics are dangerous. This is how I head them off:

When you are about to start your hysterics I point to something and say 'Simone! Look! Horsie!'. I could be pointing to a wall, it doesn't matter. Your attention is averted and you stop being in hysterics.

We have so many memories of you crying. Once while driving, you cried while sucking on your mommy's finger simultaneously. It sounded like suck-cry-suck-cry. Even though it sounds wrong, it was hilarious.

Another time you were crying, you stopped for a second, and we heard sound like a plastic bag had burst. You had expelled what seemed like a ton of waste matter into your poor little diaper. Then you started crying again, but quickly stopped and looked around with a sheepish grin.

Of late, you have given us hope that you can be potty trained earlier. Instead of steadily pooping throughout the day, each morning you let out a massive helping of your finest. This one time, it was so strong that your Uncle gagged and almost passed out once. We found him a few blocks away, his arms around a tree, his eyes watering, crying for mercy and water.

-Your Daddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I like how it started out Hallmarky and then segwayed into a classic Vic story.