Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Flowers, Swimming and a little pearl

Gotlu has returned. You have been back from India for only ten days now, and it seems like you never left. The day you returned, I could not come pick you up, but I rushed home as soon as I could and gazed at you snoozing in your crib. Your mother was passed out a few feet away from you on the bed, snoring away, she was so tired.

I wondered how you had changed. I imagined you would be walking and reciting French verses. The first inkling of changes was when you sat up on your knees, it is the first time I saw you doing that. When you saw me, it took you a few seconds, but you came to me. Whew.

You no longer do one of my favorite tricks. If I blew a raspberry, also known as a 'Bronx Cheer', you would respond back. We used to have many meaningful conversation with both of us blowing raspberries at each other. Now, when I blow a raspberry, you look around for your mother, as if to say 'Who is this uncouth fellow?'.

You have definitely become much more animated. Your grandparents are visiting this week and you love to interact with your grandfather. You squeak and squeal like a little dolphin, and crawl all over the place.

Your speed at crawling is quite amazing, you can haul your 15 pound body all over the place with a minimum of effort. We are continually astonished at all the little things you can do.

When you returned from India you were somewhat undernourished. I knew you had had some diarrhea, also known as India's most memorable export. I could feel your bones and it made me very angry. It is only now, after 10 days of your mother, your uncle and everyone else stuffing you with food that you have returned to your well-baby state.

We have started to bathe you in the tub. Your mom or I don a swimsuit, we hop in and bring you in. You splash around, we lather you up, wash you off and try to put you to sleep, and that is where the fun starts. Lately, you refuse to sleep through the night, getting up at least 4-5 times, requiring someone to get up and put you back to sleep. Your uncle excels at this by singing songs that all involve 'Blue Skies' or something. I recite the alphabet, and your mom, I don't know what she does. She has the advantage of being able to provide instant nutrition.

We are almost at your nine month birthday, and shortly we will start planning your one year anniversary party. We have rented out an area at Pan-Pacific Park. We will send out your save-the-date very soon. Your grandparents are all planning on showing up.

We heard some crazy stuff about schools...and this is precious. You aren't even out of diapers yet and we are starting to think about school. The eternal comedy goes on.

No comments: