Thursday, August 21, 2008

My best lunch date ever!


A few minutes ago, Simone was having her lunch (vermicelli with fish, asparagus, peas, beans, corn and spinach) and I was eating mine separately on the dinning table. I looked over and realized why not move to where she is eating and eat next to her. So I moved a stool in front of her high chair in the kitchen and it turned out to be the most fun i have had over lunch.

First she wouldn't let me feed her, she wanted to eat with a spoon by herself. After about 5 mins of barely getting any food in her mouth she was like fine... feed me. So, I actually got a chance to feed her after a very long time, which was very enjoyable. When she was ready for her morsel she would nudge my hand and open her mouth up.

Then come the mangoes -- we had 'mommy and me' mangoes. We were both eating our whole mangoes at the same time and that's when Simone decided that she wanted to switch mangoes with me. So she would grab mine and take a bite and give hers to me for me to take a bite and then take it back and take a bite etc and this went on for 5 minutes.

While we were doing the mango exchange, i realized that I will remember the food i eat at Michelin rated restaurants and all the fine restaurants of the world but i will never remember how i felt while eating there but with this meal with Simone, I will never forget how i felt.
The kicker definitely had to be the end - when she dropped her mango seed on the ground and sees the expression on my face and immediately says -----"nooooooooooo". I guess she said it for me. :)

2 comments:

vipul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vipulp said...

the cutest hing i ever heard