Sunday, November 2, 2008

You have to love the baby you have...

Many parents fall in love with their babies. Well, all do. But they fall in love with the six month old baby. And when the baby turns 12 months or 15 months, they still want the six month old baby. That doesn't work. You have to love the baby you have, you have to enjoy the new things that the baby does with you.

Here we have a delectable shot of Simone sticking her tongue out. She has only now started to do that. She used to do other things that were cute, but no longer does those. Now she does other cute things.

And I enjoy them all. Little Gotlu likes to run around, and play. And play. And play some more. She loves to stay up late and play with her toys. She loves this one particular book that is completely unsuitable for teaching because it is meant for five or six year olds. She calls a bumblebee a 'buhby'. She calls a rooster a 'roos'. She likes to climb up behind Mommy and try to scale her back. She head-butts Daddy, sometimes quite painfully. She wriggles out of the car seat if we are not careful. We went to a friend's place yesterday, and Simone tried to crawl into all sorts of toys meant for 3 month old children. She still insists on pushing her own stroller. 

I love every day of Gotlu. And I have to learn to love the Gotlu I have today, not the Gotlu I had yesterday.

No comments: