Monday, May 10, 2010

Simone's Mother's Day

Dearest Simone,

Today was the first Mother’s Day where you were actually aware of what Mother’s Day is. The first one you were too small and the last one we were all really sick from food poisoning. All week long at school you were working on creating art project for Mommy for Mother’s Day. The card and the flowers you made are priceless. The best Mother’s day gift of all! I am going to keep these gifts for a lifetime. You made a bouquet of flowers from egg crates and you made 2 cards for me.

Today in the morning, you went with Daddy and came back with a bunch of roses for me. You had selected them yourself. You like to buy flowers for the house. Every time we go grocery shopping you always ask if you can pick up some flowers. We stayed home today and spent time. You and I did a jigsaw puzzle that was meant for 4 year olds. You are very good at putting pieces together, you can see pattern recognition. We went for a hike in the evening, where you stopped to pick up as many flowers as possible.

We came home and you promptly fell asleep. When daddy asked you what Mother’s Day was? You said, “I love Mommy”. When Daddy asked “why do you love Mommy?”, you replied, “because she loves me”. Yes.. that’s true! I love you thiiiiiiiiiiis muuuuuuuuch.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: