My dear Sim-Sim
In my quest to turn you into Superbunny I have made sure that I borrow each and every book from the Kumon recommended reading list for your level. I then read all the books myself first so I can talk about them with you, after you read them. One of the books, for level B1,"Nana Upstairs and Nana Downstairs" is about death.
So, you are going to read the book, and ask me about it. Maybe
you will ask me if your grandpa or grandma will die. Or if I will die. Those I can answer. But I know you will ask if you will die. I know how I will answer it-"Not for a very very long time" but it will be a painful question to hear. I remember a long time ago you were asking about burials. I said that in our cultures we burn the body. Your face turned ashen and you said 'no daddy i don't want to be burned', please don't burn me. I was stunned at that time to hear that, I just said something like 'ok, we won't.
My little girl is growing up all too soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment