Our first night in Hochiminh City, my father arranged for a dinner at one of the boats to go for a dinner cruise on the river. Simone was dressed in a vietnamese outfilt and due to jetlag she pretty much slept the first half of the dinner. However,when she woke up she had a blast. She was on the center stage just dancing, dancing and dancing. Several tourists followed her around on the boat to take pictures of her. She ate all kinds of food - noodles, peking duck, fried rolls, she seems to really like vietnamese cuisine.
When the boat returned to the harbour we got out to take our ride back to the hotel. I was holding Simone. At that moment she said, "Mummy Simone happy, Simone happy, Simone happy". This was the first time I ever heard her put together Simone and happy. I just held her really tight to remember this because somewhere in the not to distant future she is going to say that we make her miserable especially in her teenage years. When that does happen I know i have this memory of her as a 19 month old where she was so happy with the evening that she hugged mummy tight and said, "Simone happy".

No comments:
Post a Comment