Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Simone gave up her "thumb" in 24 hours..

Unbelievable!  Simone had her first Dentist appointment on May 7th and the Doctor mentioned that she has an overbite, partly due to normal delay in development of one jaw over the other and partly due to her thumb sucking.  She sucks her thumb to go to bed, even though it is only for a few minutes every time.  I asked him if I can try to break this habit now, he said, I am only going to get frustrated, she will give up when she is ready.

Regardless, I came home and the next time she tried to put her thumb in her mouth.  I said, " Doctor says no! Doctor says ouchie ouchie." She took her thumb out.  I kept doing this over the next twenty four hours and after that she has stopped sucking her thumb.  Now she just teases me by putting the thumb in front of her mouth, till I call her on it.

I am not sure if a doctor will believe me if I say that I got Simone to give up her sleep crutch in 24 hours without replacing it with anything.  She has never taken a paci, does not have a blanket, does not have a bear.. and now does not use her thumb.
 
Here's Simone the tease...


No comments: