Friday, March 12, 2010

She's all mine....


As you lie asleep next to me, I think that some day in the not too distant future, you will no longer want to hold my hand as I walk you to school. Walking you to school is one of my favorite parts of the day. When I come pick you up, you come and run to me, and collapse in my arms.

I love holding your little hand in my hand. I love how you can talk and talk and talk about anything under the sun. I am still in awe that you are mine.. I love you Sim Sim…Everything about you amazes me – how you smile, how you reason, how quickly you learn.. how curious you are…

I love the fact that all you want to do is what I am doing. When I am cooking, you are right in the kitchen wanting to chop, stir and clean up. When I am wearing makeup, all you want to do is put lipstick on yourself. You want to match everything with me. My heart melts with joy when I think of how much you want to be like me. I love it when I open my arms for you, you come running into them. I love how we have the same favorite songs for now – “yeh mera deewana pan hai, and it’s a small world” because someday we won’t share the same taste in music. But Today is not that day and I am loving life for that.

No comments: