Thursday, July 29, 2010

How did we travel to India with all the stuff?



How on earth did Mummy manage to take you and your 6 month baby brother, along with 4 suitcases, 3 carry on bags, your backpack, 1 car seat and 1 stroller all the way to India alone on a 36 hour journey? It was crazy but super fun. You were a very good traveler but then again you are quite the seasoned traveler. This trip to India was your 5th trip to India and your 7th international trip. We went from LA to Chicago to Delhi to our final destination Hyderabad. Along the way you played, had a little picnic and watched paa on the monitor. Several people double looked to see if I was insane to travel alone with 2 kids. We had lots of fun. On the flight from LA to Chicago – we played games as much as possible. When we got to the Chicago airport mummy found a wheel chair for you to sit on since we checked the stroller all the way through to India. We found a nice little corner where I fed baby brother and tried to feed you but you wouldn’t eat anything. We did a bathroom run only to find out that they were boarding the flight when we came back. We made a mad dash and boarded our plane. I had packed some beads for us to play with. You love beads and so does baby brother. It makes for such a perfect travel toy. Once we boarded the plane we were playing catch catch. All three of us were having so much fun that the other passengers kept smiling as they were walking by. 3 parents even said that they will come back to play with you guys since you were having so much fun. They did come back later in the flight but both of you were sleeping. We arrived at Delhi and this is where you had your first meltdown, you had had enough with the journey. I should have woken you up sooner but anyways all you wanted was for me to pick you up. I was in a conundrum, but I let you walk as there was no way I could carry you, your brother and 3 bags. Oh well.. you cried a little well a lot actually, all the way through immigration. Nana had arranged for some cop to pick us up at the gate so that was very helpful as I plunked the entire hand luggage onto him to manage the two of you.
Once done with immigration, security, and customs we went to Claridges for the night. We had a blast there. Baby brother loved all the extra space in the bed,.. while you and I had a fantastic meal of aapam and rasmalai (mummy’s favorite). We took our baths and left for Hyderabad. Once we got here.. you happily went into Nana’s arms….



You were such a trooper as I had to focus most of my energy on putting baby brother to sleep on the plane. You were happy in your own seat! I am so proud of you.

No comments: