Sunday, June 24, 2012

Remembrance of times past

Last week I got to enjoy my daughter's preschool graduation. 

Simone and her classmates walked out from the little school where she had enjoyed the last two and a half year for maybe the last time. They performed
three songs for the parents, most of whom had tears in their eyes. I remember when Simone first started there, as a two and a half year old. She was in the toddler program. She 
rapidly moved into the afternoon, and then the morning program. Some of my fondest memories were when she was very young. I worked within walking distance of the school,
and during my lunch hour, I would walk over to her school and play with her for an hour every day. 

Simone has grown up so fast I find it difficult to remember memories of her when she was young. Each day that passes, she and her brother grow up just a bit more until 
I barely remember what they looked like or the cute things they used to do. I guess that is what cameras are for. Record all you can!

But the point is not to dwell on any middle-aged inability to remember memories. It is to celebrate what my beautiful daughter has become. She has blossomed into a wonderful
young child who is a pleasure to be with. She is curious, fun and very, very beautiful.

I am so lucky to be her Dad. 

No comments: