Yesterday you met a very interesting, talented person. You met US Olympian Lashinda Demus. Lashinda is a 400m hurdler and has several world records. Mommy was invited to a boot camp on the beach that Lashinda was leading and wow boy mommy is really really sore today. The highlight of the evening had to be when I introduced you to Lashinda. Since I couldn't explain what Olympics are, I said that she ran for the US. You asked her a few questions on what running for the US means.
You then said I run too and I am fast. You asked her to run with you. This is what happened next....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-R7WXxuwqs
Lashinda was wonderful. I hope she wins the gold. We will watch her on TV so you can see how much work it takes to be an athlete. In mommy's life's list of things to do, I never thought I would meet an Olympian, let alone work out with one, so I am happy that I got to experience something unqiue and wonderful.
Here are all the amazing experiences you have had to date that you can add in your life's to-do list:
1) Met President Obama
2) Had lunch with Max Azaria, founder of BCBG fashion label.
3) Met an Olympian
4) Hi Tea at Falaknama Palace -- the former home of the world's richest man.
You then said I run too and I am fast. You asked her to run with you. This is what happened next....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-R7WXxuwqs
Lashinda was wonderful. I hope she wins the gold. We will watch her on TV so you can see how much work it takes to be an athlete. In mommy's life's list of things to do, I never thought I would meet an Olympian, let alone work out with one, so I am happy that I got to experience something unqiue and wonderful.
Here are all the amazing experiences you have had to date that you can add in your life's to-do list:
1) Met President Obama
2) Had lunch with Max Azaria, founder of BCBG fashion label.
3) Met an Olympian
4) Hi Tea at Falaknama Palace -- the former home of the world's richest man.
No comments:
Post a Comment