Monday, February 25, 2008

Little baby Gotlu!





Hi little baby!

We miss you so much when you are sleeping. You have started to do all sorts of dolphin sounds when you want to talk to someone. And we all respond back. When you wake up, you start crawling around in your little crib(it’s big for you), and start sniffling. We hear your voice on the intercom and start praying and hoping that you will go back to sleep. Of course you don’t, and one of us shuffles over and opens the bedroom door. And there you are! Holding the rails on the crib and looking over the edge. I then come over and lift out your fifteen pound body.

We all have different ways of holding you. I like to hold you so that you are sitting up. Your mother holds you so that you are facing her. Your uncle Rahul holds you in yet another manner. Uncle Vipul is still trying to figure out how to hold you correctly, he only saw you today for the first time.

You took your spoon today and started banging it against the table. Repeatedly. Your mother says that it is part of your growing up, that you are becoming more aware of what our hands can do. I think it is so you can see which of your parents is the first to have a breakdown.

Your uncle is the person most capable of taking care of you. We are very worried that he will get a job or a wife/girlfriend and decide to move on with his life. We are very happy that he is staying with us right now. If we win the lottery we promise to hire him full time. In the meantime he works for smiles and kisses from you.

Your uncle Vipul came to see you today. He bought you some sort of toy, it is a turtle with lights and switches on its back. I assure you that such turtles do not exist in real life.

Today uncle Vipul was attempting to feed you and you grabbed the spoon and swung it up in the air, with the food ending up in your hair. Your hair is truly a wild forest, with all sorts of branches going here and there. We are afraid to go in there. Washing your hair is something that scares me, because you hate to get any water on your face, and you start to cry loudly in a screeching sound that even makes the buzzards fly away.

The best thing I love about you lately is how excited you get when I come home. You start to squeal like a dolphin and can’t wait to jump into my arms. It is the highlight of my day.

On Saturdays I take you to music class in Beverly Hills. There, along with other privileged babies, you gabble and goo through forty five minutes of a teacher singing songs and going through children stuff. You like to crawl around on the big spongy surface and I have to make sure that you don’t take the toys that are handed around and shove them in your mouth. Everything goes into your mouth! We have to hyper vigilant to make sure that nothing inappropriate ends up in there.

I can’t wait until you start walking, or talking, or other milestones. Daddy and Gotlu are going to have so much fun together!


No comments: