Thursday, February 14, 2008

Simone the little monkey



I noticed a funny behavior with Simone a few days ago. She would be lying the crib, and then she would start to pull herself up. Halfway up, she would get scared and start crying. We would go and pick her up. There she was, like she was hanging off the back of a bus, holding on for dear life.

Then I noticed that she was able to pull herself up halfway, but she would not quite make it to the top. She came up with a very interesting solution. She would pull herself up halfway, hold on to the bars, then latch onto the top of the crib with her jaws, let go(and her body would now be supported by her jaws), and then she would let go of the bars and then grab hold of the crib.

What an innovation!

As soon as we saw her standing up we knew we had to lower the mattress. She slept in bed with us for a day or two until I lowered the mattress. Now she can stand up fine in the crib, and moves from side to side with ease.

Simone is very strong. While bathing her, we have to hold onto her at all times, because she is a wriggle-monkey, going all over the little tub. I think she will outgrow the tub soon.

She crawls everywhere. I mentioned this to the guys at work and one guy said that his mother -in-law told him that she put his wife in a box to keep her in one place. Another said that there was this device that was a seat held with two springs to two posts so the baby could exert and push around but still stay put. But that was from the 70's. Nevertheless I will go to the store one of these days and pick it up.

Simone is no longer into her exersaucer. On a day by day basis it lasted about fortyfive days.

She was starting to pull herself up, and then

No comments: