Today Simone turned one... and boy what a journey it has been. I still remember the first glimpse I had of her the moment she was born. She was quiet and just looked around the room wondering what had just happened and kept blinking her eyes. She didn't cry one bit. The first night (exactly a year ago) she was awake in her hospital bed and so was I in the night while Vic was passed out from exhaustion on the cot ( i am still not sure from what... I was the one in 36 hours of labor!!) and I picked her up. This was the first time she and I were alone since she was born --I kept looking at her and she at me.. and I just held her and fell in love with her. She slept in my arms the first night and for the subsequent 7 nights. I had a hard time putting her down at night she was sooooo fragile. Finally i started to put her to sleep next to me at night and now I am like .. please sleep in your crib.. mommy needs her bed to roll around.
One year later -- we have a little personality on our hands who loves to eat good food, travel, try new things and is extremely independent(hmmm.. this almost sounds like me). She still doesn't cry that much and is relatively easy to handle (for most part).
One year later -- we have a little personality on our hands who loves to eat good food, travel, try new things and is extremely independent(hmmm.. this almost sounds like me). She still doesn't cry that much and is relatively easy to handle (for most part).
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Simone! I hope to meet you soon!
Post a Comment