Thursday, October 15, 2009

Simone wants to 'do it myself' or else

I have to kick myself for not blogging about Simone. These are the words that I will treasure, devour in bite size pieces for the rest of my life, like the last few kernels of popcorn in a movie theater.

Today Simone did the cutest thing ever. She wanted to go to sleep with two of her stuffed toys, Lilo and Baby. Lilo wasn't here, it was in the car. So she came up to me, and in the cutest voice, said 'Can you get Lilo for me?' So I took her, carried her down to the car, and came back up with it. She was nestled against my neck the whole time. I was hoping she would fall asleep, but no luck. She came back and did a crankypants until her Mom successfully put her to sleep.

Simone has been quite the ham lately. Rashmi has been making videos of them cooking, and Simone enjoys it. Simone helps to cook, but not clean. She helps to cut, and to mix, and to throw and generally create a mess. Check them out at yumkid.com

Simone has been insisting on doing everything herself today. Things came to a head tonight when she insisted on putting on a top by herself, over her head. Poor little must have tried like 20 times and then she started to get cranky. Then she almost had it, and I tried to help her, and all hell broke loose. She refused to let me help, she stiffened her body and started screaming. A holy terror. Her Mom came in and calmed her down.

Simone did another cute thing today that I was able to capture on camera. She puts on my sneakers and shuffles around in them. She looks very cute, like a rabbit with big giant feet.

My days revolve around Simone!

No comments: