I observed a very funny situation at Simone's preschool today. I was sitting on the benches chatting with the other moms and from the corner of my eye, I noticed Simone and another girl dash across the playground to the
Lego table. On the
Lego table were a big stack of pink and white blocks. They both held on to the
Lego pieces and the other girl started crying. At that moment, the school teacher went to both of them and held their hands and said, "let's talk about what happened". She then turned to each child and asked their version of the story. It turns out that there was no snatching involved but that both the girls wanted the toy at the same time.
So, the wise teacher asks Simone, "see she is crying, she is upset and hurt, do you know why the girl is crying?". The even wiser Simone answers, "because I won". I was baffled when I heard that, Simone was technically right, she did touch the Lego pieces first but I was amazed that she knew about winning etc. I just burst out laughing when I heard her response.
Oh the joys of Motherhood! They grow up so fast. I am just very grateful that I get to spend these precious childhood moments with Simone.
No comments:
Post a Comment