Our dinner at Cane and Taro's was quite disappointing and Simone did not behave herself, so we had a tough time having fun. After dinner we went onto the beach, and you know Simone-you can't keep her from the water. She ran right in, and I had to hold her tight because the waves are very strong.
There were these three women on a beach blanket who applauded Simone's bravery. I wish they would have applauded me for the effort it took to keep Simone safe. But that is just my job I guess-you don't applaud the bus driver for making it through the day without killing someone. They called her 'brave' and all sorts of complimentary words. Simone got thoroughly wet and I also got pretty wet. Rashmi and Neel stayed on the mall side, which was about 50 feet from the beach. There was a little shower and Simone and I spent like 20 minutes under it, getting the sand out from all of the crevices. The weather in Hawaii is so wonderful, we did not feel cold or uncomfortable for even a second.
We then went for a mall show, where they did Polynesian/Hawaiian dancing. It was very well done, and we really enjoyed ourselves. They had children of all ages dancing, and they even had a little two year old boy who melted all the mommies' hearts. They also had a white boy doing it, I guess his parents wanted to go native. The finale was a one on one dance which was really good-and the MC then said that those two dancers were heading to California with the Maui Vacation Board to help drum up vacation business.
No comments:
Post a Comment