
Simone, you have so much empathy that I am in awe of your kind hearted soul. Last week you asked me if I had a mummy. You have been asking a lot of questions lately about everything and everyone. You want to know Nana’s brother’s names, you want to know who dada’s wife is, you want to know how mama and myme met and which café they went to. When you asked me if I had a mummy, I responded saying, “No, I do not have a mummy because when I was little my mummy got sick and she had to go away”. This was the first time I think we have talked about people going away and never coming back.
After I said that, I turned around to look at you and you had the saddest face I have ever seen you make. It was almost like you were holding back your tears. Right then you blurted out, “I am so sorry mummy”. I was blown away that you knew to say, “ I am sorry” and the fact that you understand in your own little 3 year old mind that I did not have a mummy. I hugged you, picked you up from the car seat and we went for some Japanese food.
The next day we were both working away on our laptops. Do you know that your laptop costs 3 times more than mine? How is that possible? You were playing on your usual games when you looked up and said, “mummy, I have found you a new mummy and this mummy does not fall sick”. My heart just melted. You wanted me to have a mummy so badly that you went out and found me one. I was touched. I then asked you when she will come home. You said she will come with daddy. Then I asked you what she was like. Your response was the cutest as it reminded me that you are still a little girl, “ your new mummy is pink, drives a red car, and her name is fafa ( a name you use to name just about everything)”.
With this incident you are a 1000 times more precious to me than ever before!
No comments:
Post a Comment