This past Sunday, Simone had a music recital. In addition to playing the piano, she also has to sing a song. No small feat for a small child. She has been practicing with Tiger Mom for a few weeks now, and has steadily improved. She tends to speak softly so we keep telling her to speak up, to project her voice.
On Sunday morning, I groggily sat on the sofa while Rashmi put Simone through her paces. I don’t know if it was my hearing or what but it sounded like the braying of a miniature donkey. I looked in surprise at Rashmi who also looked a bit disconcerted. But we plowed forward; donkey or not, she is our child, after all.
After a full morning of playing, having breakfast, swimming, dance lesson, we arrived for the recital. The ladies were ready to start the waterworks with the “They are so cute” gasps. One of Simone’s friends was also in the class with her, so she had some company.
Simone went on stage with her classmates and they all lined up on the edge of the stage in front of a few microphones. And then they let loose. Simone put her mouth right up to the microphone and sang in the loudest voice I have ever heard, projecting her booming voice through the theater. I was so proud. It was so much fun to see my little bunny sing.
They then sat at the piano and played the piano, and all I felt was pride. Simone was such a fun little bunny.
Afterwards we all went to Hollywood and Highland and ate ice cream. We then ran in the fountains and got soaking wet. It was a wonderful day and I was completely wiped out.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment