Monday, June 20, 2011

The Making of Rashmi and Simone's Yellow Chilli Restaurant

Sim, you love to spend time in the kitchen. Anytime someone is in the kitchen, you are there left, right and center. If I am making roti, you want to make some. If I am cooking something on the stove you want to stir it. If I am baking something, you want to mix.

You run into the kitchen and pull your step ladder or ask someone to pull it for you. You open the ladder and come on to kitchen counter level to do your magic.

Yesterday we talked about what you will do when you grow up -- you always say I want to be a "chef". So I asked you what will you call your restaurant ---"Yellow Chili". Yellow Chili is one of our favorite restaurants in Hyderabad. We eat there twice a week every time we visit. I asked what you would serve in your restaurant --"paneer and gulab jamun". Yummy! Mummy's favorite things.

How much would be you charge? You said $1 for each item. Not a bad profit margin bunny :). Mummy asked if I would eat for free in your restaurant -- and you said "no" and that I would have to pay. Daddy was very happy coz that's a good gujju bunny!

So if in the future you open up a restaurant someday remember we talked about "Yellow Chili"

1 comment:

Vic Parekh said...

Mummy asked you if she could eat for free, and you said No. That's a good Gujju bunny!