Sunday, June 12, 2011

Simone is a poet!

This past Saturday we took a shortcut through the Hollywood Hills on our way to Costco. As we climbed up the hills in the late afternoon sunshine, we alternated through sun and shade. Simone was looking out the window and she said "The sun is playing hide and seek with us".

Rashmi and I looked at each other, surprised. That was quite poetic, we thought. We were both pleased that our little bunny was able to come up with such a well thought out little statement.

We made our way over the hill, and through Burbank, and ended up at Costco. Simone insisted on eating "pizza, hot dog and ice cream because I am SO HUNGRY". In the store, they were giving out samples of potstickers and I got three for Simone, and she wanted more. I had to keep her away from the one potsticker I had cadged for Neel. We got a set of Amelia Bedelia books for Simone. Simone and Neel sat inside the cart, maintaining an uneasy truce.

We then made our way to Ikea, where we had dinner. The confusing menu meant that we ended up buying the kids combo, at 2.49, which contained mac -n- cheese , veggies and cranberry juice. Of course Princess Simone is not going to drink no cranberry juice. We were about to sit down at a normal height table when Simone decided she wanted to sit at a barstool - height table. We agreed to it on condition that Simone eat all her veggies. Of course Simone welshed on the deal. Not only did she eat only 1/3 of the veggies, she would not eat the outside of the snap peas, she would only eat the peas. On the other hand, she ate the broccoli without any complaint, so I shouldn't worry too much.

On the way home Simone decided she had to go to the bathroom. We managed to convince her to hold it. It just wouldn't do to have her squat in front of the In-N-Out 3 blocks from our home.

No comments: